about the fisher firm
Located in the historic Butler Building in downtown West Plains, Missouri, the Fisher Firm LLC is proud to continue the 18-year tradition of the former Ray & Fisher law firm. Law partner R. David Ray now presides as Associate Circuit Judge of Howell County, Missouri.
Chrys Fisher’s practice is a balance of litigation and transactional work. The firm focuses on real estate, estate planning, business transactions, criminal defense, and family law.
Chrys was born in Oklahoma, raised in Texas, and spent almost all of his adult life living in rural Missouri.
Chrys attended Westminster College, Fulton, Missouri, and later graduated from Vermont Law School with a dual degree JD/MSL magna cum laude. He was licensed to practice law in Missouri in 1995.
Since 1997, Chrys has tried many cases before both judge and jury in south central Missouri. He has argued numerous appeals before the Southern District Court of Appeals and the Missouri Supreme Court.
Chrys contributes his time on a pro bono basis to several local organizations seeking to make a positive difference in the greater Ozarks area. Chrys is proud to serve on the board, act as counsel, or both for the following causes:
- 37th Judicial CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates for abused and neglected children)
- Whetstone Boys Ranch (intensive intervention and mentoring for troubled teen boys and their families)
- Howell Country Next Step (targeted case management for developmentally disabled individuals)
- West Plains Regional Animal Shelter
- Southern Missouri Community Health Center
- President, 37th Circuit Bar Association
8:30AM – 4:30PM, M-F
408 Washington, Suite 230
West Plains, MO 65775